Annual Solar Maintenance Check in Adelaide
Although it is not well published, it is highly recommended that owners of a solar system have their system inspected annually, therefore we are offering this service.
We will cover the following procedures and utilising the following checklist we will provide a signed copy to the system owner at the completion of the inspection.
The maintenance check will cover panels, railing, wiring and inverters:
- Check for any defects to the panels; fractures, browning, moisture penetration, corrosion and we will report if panels require cleaning.
- Check for build-up of leaves and other matter, such as bird or rodent nests under panels.
- Check and tighten any loose bolts on the panel mounting system.
- Check DC isolators for signs of arcing and water ingress.
- Check AC and DC wiring for corrosion or rodent damage.
- Check all isolator enclosures.
- Check condition of the inverter.
- Carry out a full electrical test of each string of panels.
- Check relative circuit breakers, safety switches (RCD's),solar isolation switch, earth fault protection and external enclosures.
- Check all AC and DC wiring and ensure all wiring connections are secure.
- Measure all electrical characteristics, operating voltages and currents, short circuit voltages and currents.
- Check labeling and replace where necessary.
- Report on the system performance.
Single Storey Building: The cost for cleaning is $80.00 for the first 8 panels and $5.00 for each extra panel thereafter.
*Extra cost may need to be applied for double storey buildings.